Tuesday 17 January 2017

17th December 2016. Brown Clee SOTA Activation visit.

G/WB-002 Brown Clee. 17th December 2016.



My first ever activation on the Brown Clee, We parked at grid SO585888 by the gate that leads to the bridleway which starts the accent up the hill. This was a tiring walk carrying my 20M Moxon, the climb took us about 40 minutes to reach the summit.
The weather was overcast but luckily enough it didn't rain, We were shocked to see horse's roaming around up there but it was a pleasant sight to see.


This was our first trip out with Jamie (My Son) taking the cooker. He said we can have bacon and sausage sandwiches, which I thought was a great idea (if I didn't have to carry them that is).

I started my activation on 2M FM with my Home Brew Dipole, Logging 17 QSO's. Then decided to switch to 20M using my Home Brew Moxon. This landed me another 6 QSO's including a contact to Albany just north of New York (3254 Miles away) I was really pleased to reach there with only 5 watts even thou the beam was pointing towards Europe.




No comments:

Post a Comment